Don't order from this site! I've made two purchase from this site and I will never buy anything from here again!

The first purchase was for weaving hair. I received the hair and it looked good initially but became tangled and matted in only a week. I didn't complain I just knew not to order hair from them again. This time (3 years later) I bought a prom dress for my daughter's military ball (she's in ROTC).

The ball isn't until May ( placed the order in December) and the seller's return policy said that the dress could be returned within 7 days if unsatisfied. Easy right? NO! The dress quality wasn't bad but it had a sheer neckline (an illusion dress) that looked sheer/nude color on the picture of the model on the site but the dress I received had a white color sheer neckline.

We didn't like the white color so I reached out to the seller to see what could be done since we still have plenty of time before the event. The seller said that was the only color option so I asked for a refund. She resisted ...saying there was nothing wrong with the dress so I reminded her of the return policy she has listed on her site. After A LOT of back and forth, she agreed to accept the return and said she would return the money after she gets the dress back and ensures that it hasn't been worn.

Ok, no problem ...it hasn't been worn. I went to DHL to return the dress only to find that the return shipping would be $115 (I only paid $70 for the dress). The clerk at the store say she sees that all the time. The sellers of items from other countries know that it will cost so much to return the item that the buyer will decide to just keep it which is what they bank on.

I was so upset that I contacted customer service to tell them the issue (AliExpress has buyer protection plan). Customer service told me to open a dispute case. So I did. The seller responded that there was nothing wrong with the dress and that she would return the money once she receives the dress.

She told me to return it via regular post office not DHL. So I went to the post office and the cheapest shipping was $22.00 (no tracking) or $50.00 for priority (comes with tracking). I decided to send it via the cheapest method and I uploaded a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the customs form onto the site. The seller responds with a message giving me a return address that has a slightly different from the one given before.

Why is the address different from what they gave me initially and why give me the address now that I already mailed it? Knowing who resistance / hesitant she has been to let me return the dress, I starting to worry that she's going to try to pretend that she didn't receive it. The seller also asked me to change the reason for my dispute from " item is different from described" to " I no longer need the item". Why would I do that?

The reason I'm returning it is because it doesn't look like the pictures ( the quality wasn't bad but its not what I thought I was buying). I reached back out to AliExpress' customer service ( there's no phone number you can only chat). I told them my concerns about the seller giving me a slightly different address now that I've shipped it, and how the seller is asking me to change the reason for my dispute. I was on the chat line for almost an hour!

Every time I explained the issue the customer service person would apologize and say they are going to help me get this resolved then transfer me to another rep who would ask me to explain it again. I got "transferred" 4 times! The last person told me to try to work it out with the seller.... All of that for nothing!

So don't think that your purchases are protected or safe. Its only good if you don't attempt to make a return!

Just know that if you make a purchase on this site you are stuck with what you get ...like it or not! I have reached out to my credit care company and they told me to give it a little time since I just returned the item yesterday, but if they don't return my money I can file a fraud complaint.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aliexpress Customer Care.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1282427

Have you filed a complaint for a refund with your credit card company?

Also file a complaint:

Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

Telephone: (202) 326-2222 Aliexpress and Alibaba have an address in the US. I hope this helps