Aliexpress cancels order and requests passport, id, bank statements and won't respond to messages.

572 of 596 Aliexpress reviews

I am writing because I am having an issue that needs urgent attention. I am a customer of Aliexpress.com and have made many purchases with no issues up until 12/31/2013 where my orders were cancelled and I was requested to provide reason of a chargeback for order ending in#9945 for in which I did as well as provide a copy of my drivers license id, credit card used to place my new order and proof of cancellation of chargeback cancellation from fraud reason(bank error) to "item not as described/broken/damaged"

I have been patiently waiting, I have never had any issues with any sellers other than the ones I have disputed via aliexpress and have always provided valid documentation and/or proof for the reason of the dispute/chargeback.

It is imperative for this issue to be resolved so that I can place orders for my business that is growing, which now have been stalled and this is causing a financial catastrophe for me as I have to refund people.

I need action taken to this matter as I was asked to provide sensitive proof of identification yet my account is given no time frame for when it will be verified which is unprofessional. I am in limbo here and need my purchasing via credit card back, it will truly defy the purpose of using aliexpress if I have to pay using another method which takes longer to process payment and the charge for making the payment which sometimes exceeds the cost of the order itself.

There should be no reason why there is a ban for me to use my credit card and why is should take longer than 3 business days to verify the documents you requested. My card issuer, Chase Bank, has also told me that as per the request from the email I received from aliexpress for cancellation of chargeback as fraud to not as described was given to them and is easily accessible through the merchant account/payment system.

This matter needs to be escalated to someone who can assist me in a timely manner and efficiently approve and re-instate full function to my account.

Please assist me with this issue as there is no direct customer service with aliexpress. Your help is greatly appreciated.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Account Credit Card Payment Ban
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #470421

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Aliexpress? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 4 No 4
Had the same issue 40 Yes 40
572 of 596 Aliexpress reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 25 #1218212

I thought my order was on the way. I looked at my email and saw that it was canceled. Then in order to appeal it they are asking for social security cards and passports and all kinds of personal information. There is no way I would share my personal information with this website. I don't' know how they stay in business, unless there are people *** enough to actually give them all of this information. I don't understand it at all. I guess they just don't want business from me.

3 0 Reply

Sep 11 #1211224

Hi everyone.
I am from Mexico and I am in the same situation that many here. I am a client of aliexpress since 2012 and this year 2016 in september started my nigthmare too.
In the customer service they told me to solve this "Your payment was not processed due to security reasons. As a result your order has been cancelled. AliExpress did not accept any payment for this order" problem by providing in alipay my identifications. So I tried 4 times and always they made *** explanation about why my identity verification is failed,, here they are:
1st attempt failed reason "Date of birth in your profile and the one on your identity document do not match. Please provide correct identity document or update your date of birth in your profile." Guys I checked 3 times all my data but they modified my date of birth
2nd attemp failed reason "Identity numbers in your profile and the ones on your identity document do not match. Please provide correct identity document or update your ID card, passport or driver license numbers in your profile."
3rd attemp failed reason "The photos uploaded are not colorful photocopy or digital photocopy of the original document." 4th attempt failed reason "Identity numbers in your profile and the ones on your identity document do not match. Please provide correct identity document or update your ID card, passport or driver license numbers in your profile" so do you see? a loop So at this moment I dont have my money back from the
... Show more

2 0 Reply
Tim aye

Aug 06 #1195627 Gårdstensberget, Västra Götaland County, Sweden

Hi. I'm not really happy with this. I paid for Samsung galaxy s4 but the payment was cancelled. For 10days, I didn't get my money back. Please I need my payment back

Aug 16 #1199658

Did you get your money back?

1 0 Reply

Jun 14 #1173317

OMG some people.... My junk email box gets filled every day with emails from:
aliexpress
paypal
walgreens
eBay
Sears Starbucks Costco etc etc - all telling me my account has been put on hold until i click on their link and give them all my private information. seriously people - smarten up! They are all fake, all from the same scammers - enjoying your personal info....

0 3 Reply

May 17 #1160037

Hi I have order 2 bed sheets but that order has been cancelled as I got a conformation from seller so please tell me when I get refund .

Jan 12 #1093109

January 12 2016, the same situation for us.
Aliexpress requires our personal documents...
But till the end of last year, we can use the credit card payment method easily.
But, we have friends, here in Hungary, who are not asked for this "strange" identification method...
For example, my wife cannot pay, but her colleague can.
Can you help me with some information?

cookie

May 20 #1162170

never give out your private information..it is being used for people to charge for things on y our acct..bad decision..find a better way.

Jan 07 #1090155

Whats new for AliExpress Security for 2016?
Dual Retinal scans,
Hospital lab DNA Verification
and a complete with a Colon Culture:
just to verify if your full of *** enough to release all of your personal financial info to order to buy cheap nik naks and knock offs.

6 0 Reply

Jan 09 #1091435

LOOOOOOOOOL...

Jan 01 #1086850

It's 2016 now and I've just had the same experience. No way in *** would I ever reveal personal information to a website in China. My bank is happy for me to make purchases with my card, so AliExpress should be minding its own *** business.
Not sure what they hope to gain by harvesting private data. Maybe it's a mass scam brewing. Or more likely they just can't understand their own security arrangements. Totally bizarre.

10 0 Reply
JT

Mar 25, 2015 #963376

I am having the same exact issue. What the ***!

6 1 Reply
jaberwock

Oct 21, 2014 #888190

Copy of a passport, bank invoices, and a driver license... is that a joke or a NIGERIAN SCAM? You are kidding right? NO LEGITIMATE ORGANIZATION WOULD ASK FOR THAT KIND OF EVIDENCE--IT IS ILLEGAL TO MAKE A COPY OF THE US PASSPORT! Do you relay expect that ANYONE sane will send you that kind of documentation. What SCAM. I am reporting your operations to FBI Cyber-fraud division and BBB--and advise anyone to do the same. I will gave you appropriate ratings whenever possible.

20 2 Reply
JimW

Sep 01, 2014 #864183 New York, New York, United States

Same here from the USA, July 2014. I'm just giving up on Aliexpress. I used to order from them in the past but they've clearly got issues going on internally that creates the perception that they have a credit card security problem. Once that perception is out there, as a customer, you don't want to take a chance with them. There are just too many other options both in the USA (eg. eBay) or China (DK)
-Jim W, New York

3 0 Reply
bob

Aug 26, 2014 #861567 Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

had the same issue, its my first purchase on there and i am not keen on sending some chinese guy/gal all my details. i have not proceeded with the order.

6 0 Reply
mvoltin

Jul 23, 2014 #844690

Very similar issue and the request for ID makes no sense: "Your order has been cancelled for security reasons. In order to avoid order cancellations in the future, please provide us with copies of your identification, credit card and credit card Statement."
I understand AliExpress' intent to make this a safe environment but the implementation seems terrible and not very thoughtful. Besides the fact that this is not an industry standard verification process and burden is on my CC company to verify that I have the card as a legitimate user (they verified and approved the purchase), there is something terribly illogical about the request unless I am missing something:
This request does absolutely absolutely nothing to prevent fraud. Anybody can mock up a document with fake info to match a stolen CC data and upload an image. Built-in security features for ID cannot be verified in an image and this is extremely easy. This request does not stop criminals but scares away honest customers - it seems to have an opposite effect.
Since, I do not see how this request could prevent the fraud, the only consequence of following this request is an increased potential of ID theft since my identification has additional information and my picture.
Hope the AliExpress leadership can reconsider this policy and help honest people register in a meaningful way. Meanwhile, I am going back to other merchants.

14 0 Reply
khan

Jan 09 #1091880 Acton, Massachusetts, United States

Hi,
I have been buying on AliExpress from US for more than a year with no issues using my Master card, lately i started using their app to purchase for the past couple of months with no issues, they introduced this AliPay and the Frustrating problem started - At first they wanted me to Verify my id, i sent them the documents, after a week + i got an email saying my account has been verified and i can shop normally now, this was around Dec 28 2015, Now i am not able t make any purchases, I place an order, i get a payment successful email, but my orders are in "Payment being verified" state for about 3 days and then the orders get Automatically closed - Tried to contact Alipay and Aliexpress via their chat support, which is utterly useless, they cannot help you at all, no phone support, when you contact them they ask you your name and order number you are having problem with and just tell you "its in payment verification state, please wait patiently" , when you contact them again after your order gets closed Automatically for some "Security Reason" - their response is - Sorry your order got closed due to security reason and there is noting they can do about it. They have no escalation path or any thing at all.
AliExpress response after order gets closed "We are sorry to inform you that we have to cancel your order for security reasons"
Can any one help, if they faced a similar issue and how they got to fix this please..

5 0 Reply

Jan 28 #1102331

Obviously you x-out the first 12 numbers of your cc-card and your social security number and only send the pictures to them.

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Aliexpress. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Aliexpress.
Filing a new complaint about
×