A few months back I visited this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/?src=google&albch=google&albcp=search_search-trademark&albkw=aliexpress_us-search-trademark-test-aliexpress_site_no&albag=wtohome_none_Aliexpress_trademark&albmt=Broad&albst=search&albom=US_none_20100416&creative=10324551540&gclid=CLLmu6ziq60CFQcQNAod6GZQoA called AliExpress, if you click on it, seems legit right? A bit like Ebay. WRONG! This site has had so many lawsuit threats, scams pulled, and false advertising busts that I'm shocked it hasn't been shut down.
Awhile back there was a designer necklace that I wanted by Pasquale Bruni. Of course it was WAY out of my price range, so I was trying to find something that looked just like it, even a high quality knock-off would be fine with me, I searched this site and thought I found the perfect match. The photographs the seller posted looked legit, they had decent ratings, and the price was great!
And then the old saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" reared it's ugly head. I placed the order on August 8th and was promised it would arrive in no more than one week, and no less than three days. So, three days pass, no item. One week passes, still no item. I let one more day go by and contact the seller, who insists they sent the item despite never giving me a tracking number to check for myself. So FINALLY September 26th rolls around, yes, SEPTEMBER 26th, over a month after I was promised I'd get my item, and it finally comes. I open the box, and something doesn't feel right, the necklace in the photo looked too heavy and long to fit in the size of box they sent me. I opened it, and I RAGED. The necklace was not only broken into three different pieces, but it was COMPLETELY different from how it looked in the photo, it wasn't even the same piece! The necklace I ordered was made of yellow and purple glass beads in floral shapes with a silver chain, the piece of *** I received was literally some kind of metal painted gold and lined with ugly green stones which were obviously nothing more than plastic, and falling out of the sockets.
So immidiately I logged on and looked for their contact information, shocker, they DON'T HAVE ANY. The website is mainly used to buy in bulk from places all around the world (mostly China) and I've probably only read two positive reviews about the site and literally hundreds of negatives. So, I contact the seller instead and sent him photos of the item I got in the mail and the photos of the piece he posted online. The "professional" seller repeatedly called me a liar and said I was trying to scam HIM out of getting my money and the jewelry, even after I offered to send the necklace back! So another week passes, and he says he reached a negotiation, I paid about 65.00 USD for the necklace...he literally offered me 5.00 back. I was SO pissed, I would've rather had him say "no refunds" than slap me in the face with five bucks. So I whip out the threats, and only after I threatened to sue him for fraud and harassment did he finally agree to send my full payment back, which took him another 2-MONTHS. Literally, 2-months. It cleared through my Paypal on November 21st.
So after this, I go to the main site to file a grievance against this seller and report his shop to the site managers, again, shocker, they did nothing.
I HIGHLY reccommend that everyone steer clear of this shithole of a scam site. No matter how nice their products look in the images they post, keep in mind that they are most likely stock photography images from Google or photos jacked from Ebay, and are not what they are really offering.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pasquale Bruni Flower Necklace
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- "I bought a vapor mod from Aliexpress store called Ecigsbuy. There is an in store coupon save 10USD for 20USD purchase. After I bought the mod with this coupon, the..."
- " I am writing because I am having an issue that needs urgent attention. I am a customer of Aliexpress.com and have made many purchases with no issues up until..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "Today a man was brutally attcked by a gang of men outside a KFC. The man was simply getting a bucket of chicken to take home to his grand kids..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."