A few months back I visited this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/?src=google&albch=google&albcp=search_search-trademark&albkw=aliexpress_us-search-trademark-test-aliexpress_site_no&albag=wtohome_none_Aliexpress_trademark&albmt=Broad&albst=search&albom=US_none_20100416&creative=10324551540&gclid=CLLmu6ziq60CFQcQNAod6GZQoA called AliExpress, if you click on it, seems legit right? A bit like Ebay. WRONG! This site has had so many lawsuit threats, scams pulled, and false advertising busts that I'm shocked it hasn't been shut down.
Awhile back there was a designer necklace that I wanted by Pasquale Bruni. Of course it was WAY out of my price range, so I was trying to find something that looked just like it, even a high quality knock-off would be fine with me, I searched this site and thought I found the perfect match. The photographs the seller posted looked legit, they had decent ratings, and the price was great!
And then the old saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" reared it's ugly head. I placed the order on August 8th and was promised it would arrive in no more than one week, and no less than three days. So, three days pass, no item. One week passes, still no item. I let one more day go by and contact the seller, who insists they sent the item despite never giving me a tracking number to check for myself. So FINALLY September 26th rolls around, yes, SEPTEMBER 26th, over a month after I was promised I'd get my item, and it finally comes. I open the box, and something doesn't feel right, the necklace in the photo looked too heavy and long to fit in the size of box they sent me. I opened it, and I RAGED. The necklace was not only broken into three different pieces, but it was COMPLETELY different from how it looked in the photo, it wasn't even the same piece! The necklace I ordered was made of yellow and purple glass beads in floral shapes with a silver chain, the piece of *** I received was literally some kind of metal painted gold and lined with ugly green stones which were obviously nothing more than plastic, and falling out of the sockets.
So immidiately I logged on and looked for their contact information, shocker, they DON'T HAVE ANY. The website is mainly used to buy in bulk from places all around the world (mostly China) and I've probably only read two positive reviews about the site and literally hundreds of negatives. So, I contact the seller instead and sent him photos of the item I got in the mail and the photos of the piece he posted online. The "professional" seller repeatedly called me a liar and said I was trying to scam HIM out of getting my money and the jewelry, even after I offered to send the necklace back! So another week passes, and he says he reached a negotiation, I paid about 65.00 USD for the necklace...he literally offered me 5.00 back. I was SO pissed, I would've rather had him say "no refunds" than slap me in the face with five bucks. So I whip out the threats, and only after I threatened to sue him for fraud and harassment did he finally agree to send my full payment back, which took him another 2-MONTHS. Literally, 2-months. It cleared through my Paypal on November 21st.
So after this, I go to the main site to file a grievance against this seller and report his shop to the site managers, again, shocker, they did nothing.
I HIGHLY reccommend that everyone steer clear of this shithole of a scam site. No matter how nice their products look in the images they post, keep in mind that they are most likely stock photography images from Google or photos jacked from Ebay, and are not what they are really offering.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pasquale Bruni Flower Necklace
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a training suite at Aliexpress. Ordered xxl, got small size. 2014 autumn winter Men Sport Suit Brand Slim Fit Hooded Top+Full Pant Korean Casual Tracksuit Hoody Sportwear Men Sweatshirt Set Color:Black Size:XXL Order..."
- "I purchased 2 pairs of beats by dre studio headphones for $17.87 each about 3 weeks ago. After they came in I used a website to ensure they were legit,..."
- "Ali Express are nothing more than *** artists.. NEVER order from the site as you will be disappointed and never get your money back. The customer service is pathetic as..."
- "we had cabinets delivered damaged, broken and the customer service sucks. we have to delay our job three times now before of the damages to these cabinets. i would never..."
- "As a result of poor technical service to our furnace this company has caused over $20K worth of damage to our property. After careful consideration, they have offered 15%..."
- "Very bad quality of sofa, and expensive. We bought the Simmons Upholstery reclining sofa, color dark brown, made bonded leather. Less 1,5 year after purchase the bonded leather cracked, the..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."