3.1
Turnaround Time

Update by user May 05, 2018

ALI EXPRESS BUYER PROTECTION IS A CON! I have just finished a 1 hour conversation to finally discover that they care not a jot about their customers.

I got so annoyed I did something I never did before and swore at the agent I was dealing with. There customer service agents are worse than useless. They lie, give you false information and will do nothing to ease your concerns. They will only make your blood boil.

I am truly finished with Ali Express. I would warn and advise anybody to think again before deciding to buy on this website. This is one of many issues I have had with them. This is the anvil that broke the camels back.

In good faith I ordered an item. I engaged with the seller before purchasing to confirm the item I wanted. They sent me a completely different, cheaper poorer quality item and they expect me to pay to return the item. They continually tell you to wait another 2-3 days or 5 days or 7 days, depending on which agent you speak to.

Anyway, that is it from me.

I'm heading off for a long walk to cool down. After that EBAY all the way.

Update by user May 02, 2018

This is an update. I was given a date of the 1st of May to have my issue resolved.

The date came and went & nothing. I got in touch with another useless customer service agent. I then received an email telling me I had to wait another 5 days. I again contacted customer support to ask why I had to wait another 5 days.

They then told me I had to wait 7 days with no reasonable explanation as to why. This company does not know the first thing about customer service or dealing with customer complaints. They only allow you to communicate in one sentence conversations.

I am finished. As soon as I receive my refund I will be closing my account.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2018

For those of you experienced dealing with the Headf#@k that is Ali Express customer service..(LOL), you have my deepest understanding and sympathy. Any one still considering dealing with Ali Express I say this. DON'T DO IT, STAY AWAY. RUN AWAY very very fast...(LOL)

But seriously. I would considered myself a good customer on Ali Express. A bread & butter sort. I would purchase often and regularly. Lately, I have had cause to get involved in the dreaded Ali Express dispute system. When you purchase on their site, you pay for your goods immediatley. Barring leaving feedback when the item is received, that is the buyers contract fulfilled.

The site prominantly displays Buyer Protection marketing all over the site. A guranteed refund if not received within 60 days. All sorts of promises. Pay close attention to these before making any purchases & read carefully. All is good so long as you don't have a problem. When you have a problem, this is when your woes truly begin.

Customer service agents, as they are liberally called, are nothing more than useless minions whose prime objective is not to resolve your issue or your complaint but rather postpone delay and put you off.

Firstly, when you contact the chat you are speaking with Eva which is nothing more than an computer avatar that gives you the FAQ responses. There are no clear instructions on how to contact a human. It takes a while to figure it out. If you type, I want to speak to a human, eventually you will get through. They will ask you all sorts of questions and keep reassuring you with comments like "I understand" etc. As you proceed through the system this does nothing but annoy and frustrate you furhter. They have no power. The cannot resolve your issues. They cannot transfer you to anyone who can make a decision on your issue. Basically they are useless. They will keep reffering to the system. Have to stick to the sytem. But the system is very unclear and not consumer friendly. As far as I can tell from my own experience and having read many forums & complaints by consumers is that they do not want to issue refunds until it is absolutely nescassary as they have the money in their account. The longer they hold the money, the more money they make in interest.

Other major issues include, sellers inability to understand your communications. They very often cannot understand what you are saying or asking. This makes it more frustrating & stressful. Tracking on your items is useless and never works. In about 5 of over 100 transactions completed, tracking has worked and been up to date. I even get tracking updates long after I have received the item and confirmed as muchon the site.

After numerous issues that have suceeded in nothing more than stressing me out and consuming way too much of my time, I have decided to cease trading with Ali Express. I can find 95% of the products on other well known websites at the same price, sometimes cheaper, sometimes a little dearer. The system is equally as slow but is easier to understand and you know where you stand and the results are usually fair.

In summary, life is too short & time too precious to waste it non-sensical conversations with a uselss service. Shopping should be a pleasure. Whatever happened to "The customer is king!". If Ali Express are reading this. Stick to your promises. Protect your customers better. Deal with complaints promptly and fairly. But from me goodbye. I'm done with you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aliexpress Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Variety, Value.

I didn't like: Delivery times, Customer service, Terrible dispute sytem, Communication with sellers.

Comments

just been through this myself. Got a refund from my back whilst the seller refuses to refund and aliexpress do nothing.

UnpleasantIndianRhinoceros
to GaZ #1617459

Sorry to hear that. Just so you are aware.

Ali Express hold money until you have confirmed receipt and said you are happy with it. So keep the pressure on.

They will hopefully eventually cave. Good luck with it anyway.